Law and Order: LPD Style

I don't know if it was due to the tenant meeting that was held Friday or if the Lumberton Police Department has beefed up their security, but it was a very peaceful weekend. Unlike other weekends, there were no stragglers hanging on the corners of Myrick and North 1oth Street. Well, there were a few, but for the most part, they were absent. However, there was a rally of window shaking music. Hopefully, the new board will go ahead and pass the noise ordinance. I'm eager to see how many "ballers" are going to keep blasting their music after getting hit with a $500 fine. One of the clear indicators that the police department was on patrol is the lack of debris in the street. Generally, people on the move don't leave their droppings (trash) behind. However, those that loiter, have a tendency to go to the local eating establishments, bring their bags of food or whatever, stand on the corner and eat. First of all, I never understood the concept of eating outdoors; other than at a company event or family cookout. I pay good money for my Miksa crystal and Wedgewood china, so you're not going to see me schlepping it from one door to the next with plate in tow. Unfortunately, this is a microwaveable/disposable generation, so it's not uncommon to see trails of paper plates and bowls being carried like a third appendage. Now, I don't care if you're entire kitchen is filled with paper plates, bowls, etc. But I do care if those disposable items are left for me to pick up. If one would stand on the corner of Myrick and North 10th Avenue, there's 360 degrees of trash cans. Why is it so difficult to take the lid off a can and dispose of your trash? What am I saying; they don't even have the wherewithal to wear their pants at a descent level, why would they put trash in a can. Besides, they need that hand to hold up their pants while they walk. I guess that's why it's easier for them to just drop the paper, cans, etc. on the ground and keep on moving. After all, they don't live there and generally, the apartment complexes have a maintenance person that will pick up the trash. Well, that's not acceptable. I don't care about people hanging out or people sitting out in their yards. I do, however, have a problem with picking up behind able bodied individuals. I know this post was supposed to be about the Lumberton Police Department and I am appreciative of the excellent work that was displayed this weekend. I just hope it continues. Also, I hope this board gives our police department the tools they need to do their jobs effectively. The LPD is in dire need of new cars. I don't know what the budget looks like, but they need to buy at least 2 new patrol cars this year. Also, they need to give Chief Cowart the ability to bring in good officers that are looking for more than a slot to fill on their resume. I'm glad that Officer Phillips is returning to the force and I hope the other, wrongfully terminated officers, will find their way back on the police roster. Again, kudos to the Lumberton Police Officers that were on patrol this weekend. I'm always pointing out the things that are wrong with Lumberton and it's also time to give credit when things are done right. I have another post coming soon, but tonight I have to go to court. Oh, maybe I should clarify that. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not the one that's been charged. As you may or may not know, I get a lot of threats because of my blog. Most threats are anonymous, but I had one person that was unwise and wanted me to know he was the one making the threat. It's now a police matter and I must go and testify. I believe this matter could have been avoided and the person making the threat could have simply apologized, but you know how that could be. Anywho. Well, I will get to see what type of judge we have in our municipal court and of course, I will blog about this experience. In closing, I don't understand why people are so offended by the truth, but wait, according to some, 80% of what I write is false. To date, I have written 814 blog posts. If the allegations about the false hood of my blog posts is true, that mean 8 out of every 10 of my posts are false. I did invite my accuser to prove that 80% of my posts were false, but we have yet to met so he could outline those errors. But I am well aware that my posts are not false; otherwise, why would people get so upset. Just because you're offended or upset by the truth, does not make it false. I'm just saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman