Ain't You Tired?

Yesterday I decided to blog about the fact that torn t-shirts and other discarded items were strewn across the entrance of Frank Lee Homes. Well, the post was uploaded at 12:25 p.m and by 12:45p.m I was getting a text that Charles wanted to speak with me because someone told him he needed to read the blog. Which only proves what I had to say in the blog; they are so ready to run and tell something but when mess arises; they’re all part of the “no snitch” team. Charles wanted to meet with me to see if I had any problems I would like for him to address. Firstly, he called a meeting with me because one of his $20 heauxs called him to tell him to read the blog. So, there was no need to ask if I had a problem. The problem I have with the way the property is being maintained was clearly outlined in the blog. The meeting went well, and I do think I was rather harsh on Charles. As some anonymous person wrote, it is the family and friends that are bringing trouble the property. They also pointed out that Charles has taken an interest in the children that live on the property. That’s all good but children don’t pay bills. I did tell Charles that I will work with him instead of against him. He encouraged me to speak with the Chief of Police but I said I consider her to be part of the problem. We all know that certain levels of friendships and favoritism will allow individuals to get off with a warning time and time again. But we all know, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. There are people that run to the office like a trail of ants but I know that if it’s not in writing; it didn’t happen. This latest fiasco just proved to me that the home office is not getting the details about what’s going on but I’m sure that’s all about to change. Another interesting outcome of yesterday’s blog was the “so called” motive behind the post. It was rather late in the evening, and I received a call outlining what the streets were saying about the blog. According to some, I blogged about the video because I was infatuated with my neighbor. Really? Where do these simple minded people come up with this crap? The only thing I am infatuated with is peace and quiet. I wasn’t until yesterday evening, long after the blog had been posted, that I found out the reason there were torn t-shirts in the middle of the street. I was told that there was a fight Friday night. Well, I have a knack of making people think I have all the details but there are times that I don’t have all the information and the post made yesterday was made without any knowledge of the fight that basically took place in my front yard. But that should have been clear because I succinctly remember saying, I went to sleep before the game was over because I didn’t want to deal with the loud noise after the game. I really am an easy going person. However, I don’t appreciate waking up every night like I’m living in a jungle. You can have your fun but when your fun impedes on my rest; we have a problem. So you can read whatever you want to read in what I post. I know the police cannot be everywhere all the times, but they are about to get more and more calls from me. Last night, I was tempted to call them about the guy that was obviously drunk and just being downright indignant. And yes, he decided to take a piss behind an apartment; despite the fact that the yard was full of children. Wowzers? Before I get back to “getting a life”, I want to address something that was discussed at Sunday school. Apparently a woman had told another woman or questioned her by saying asking “Ain’t you tired?” It was in response to the shooting incident that happened. When I first heard about the comment that was made or the accusation that was made, I was like, how dare she? But as more and more acts of violence continue to take place, I begin to think this person was well within her rights to pose this question. But I think the question should be posed to others as well. Ain’t you tired? I know I am. I am tired of black people acting barbaric and fighting in the middle of the streets like rabid animals. If you’re name is not Mayweather, then you’re not getting paid to entertain. The level of dysfunction within our community is outlandish and I am being attacked for daring to speak the truth. I deal with white people hating me and I can deal with black people hating me as well. But I will not deal with foolishness; on any level. Sunday marked the 50th Anniversary of the four little girls killed in Alabama. Their deaths sparked the members of our community to demand better, to demand justice and to demand equality. When Trayvon Martin was killed, I went into defensive mode every time someone made a reference to black on black crime. But now I capitulate and begin to wonder if they are right. The people in our community are so focused on fighting one another that there’s no strength left to fight against racism. You can be angry with me all day long. Don’t be mad at the messenger. Be mad at the message you’re sending. Wake up people. You are better than that or at least you should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman