A Time To Heal......

There were a lot of serious blog posts this week and I know that there is more to Lumberton than what’s posted in the Lumberton Informer. There are a lot of things I love about this city and at the same time, there are some things I hate. I do not post solutions; I address the problems. For some, that could be problematic. This is not Mayberry and I certainly am not Barney Fife (personally, I think I would be more of a Floyd---just not going to cut anyone’s hair.) I think there are more ties that bind us that issues that separate us. I am one of the first to admit; my views are different. I have a suspicious mind and will continue to discern things that are going on. I am working to give a more fair view of Lumberton. I will let you know, I will call a thing a thing. I am not one that will support a lying, thieving city official just because I like that person. Running a city is a job and if you cannot do that job appropriately; you need to be removed from your post. No one should be allowed to continually put the city in financial ruins because others have another agenda. I am glad to see the board has their differences and I can see that Alderwoman Cora Rogers is going to be a force to be reckoned with. She is proving to be a strong force and she will call it like it is. She has not backed down on some tough issues and she is definitely not afraid to let her voice be heard. I am beginning to question if Jay is really focused on this position. Lately, he seems to be getting swayed in another direction. We must keep our eye on him and just see if this is a change in his political agenda or was this Jay always before us and we were duped into thinking otherwise. Only time will tell. Quincy Rogers is proving that experience does matter and he is definitely the person that is best suited to represent our community. I also think it will be a victory for Alderman Rogers to be sitting on the board to see the plans he help implement come to fruition. Well, Kent Crider is Kent Crider. I never talked to Kent until the day after the election and from that brief conversation, I was able to see another side of Kent; a side that I didn’t think existed. Now we have newly elected alderman, Tommy Dukes. I think Alderman Dukes have a lot of potential but I just hope he don’t get lost in the fray. I certainly don’t want him to become the Bobby Gibson of this administration. Now you may ask, what I meant with that statement. Before running for election, Gibson was a well liked individual and after serving on the board, it was hard to hear his name with the addition of an expletive. So, hopefully Mr. Dukes will consider his actions and hopefully, his standing within the community will not be tarnished by his political ambitions. I still don’t know the agenda of Mayor Winston. He is approaching the 100 day mark and I will provide my synapses of how he’s faring thus far. This week I blogged about a myriad of encounters I either heard or witnessed. As I stated, I generally give one side of the events but as you know, there can be more that lies beneath the surface. For instance, Charles (of Frank Lee Homes) is very involved when it comes to children. But he must learn to be more attuned to the adults that live on the property and make sure they are able to peacefully enjoy their time at home. I have no time to micromanage the fact that he may or may not allow certain individuals to get away with lease violation after lease violation. If he would be fair to all; then he would have never been captured on my radar, but week after week of violations cannot continue to go unnoticed. There was a report about the police department and for the most part, I think we have a good group of officers. Hopefully, they will have community Nights Out Against Crime and have the police come to the various communities and not just an event on Main Street; in an effort to make our police department more visible within the communities. There is an ongoing issue that is being investigated and once a decision is made; I will post the progress of that situation. Until then, I don’t think other officers should be judged based on the actions of one individual. I didn’t work on a positive story for this week to highlight Lumberton but I must say that we truly have some kind, caring individuals within this city and our main goal should be to grow together. I spoke with the Public Works Director and he assured me that all cemeteries were on the list to have the grass cut this week. I will check them out this weekend and follow up with Ryan if they work is not the same at all locations. Have a wonderful rest of the week and don’t forget to support the Lumberton Panthers on Friday. Be safe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style