In The Heat of the Night

As I listen to the details of what happened last night it seems more and more like something written for television. I have always been accused of ruining peoples lives with my blog but there have been a few that would acknowledge that if I had not written about certain things they would have never been discussed in the city of Lumberton. I could do like others and sit back and watch as injustice after and justice take place or I can try to take a stand against injustices; weather is coming from the City Clerk's office from the police department or being administered at the hands of other individuals. There were a few that came to my defense when I was the target of the criminal duo otherwise known as Chief Hobson and City Clerk Stephanie Mullings. They were a dynamic duo using their powers to do wrong instead of good. But this post is not about them I was just trying to give some background of some of the injustices that took place in this city. I have always been one to say they are always three sides to every story there's his version, the other person's version and somewhere in between lies the truth. I'm not certain of what all happened last night, I am still investigating the information I'm receiving; but what I've heard thus far does not bode well for the Lumberton police department. From what I've been told an individual was handcuffed and beaten in the middle of Main Street. Allegations of abuse by a police officer is nothing new;not even for the City of Lumberton. But when you take into account the that individual that was arrested and the arresting officer are both interested in the same woman; the lines of right and wrong becomes blurred. Also, take into condideration that the mother of the individual arrested was told, allegedly, that these "n***as need to get off my scene." She was also threatened with having her car towed (a familiar tactic used by LPD) and refused the opportunity to see her battered son. I don't know how a handcuffed individual can resist arrest but we have seen others try to explain it but without satisfactory results. I haven't blogged in a while but this has sparked so many memories about the way I was treated by the Lumberton Police Department. I was never beaten but they (Hobson and Mullings)tried to break me. The City of Lumberton has over $700,000 in unpaid court fines but Stephanie Mullings, at Hobson's request, photo copied the judge's signature, allegedly, on a warrant for my arrest for failure to pay a $141 ticket for parking in front of my home. So, the fact that I dealt with such corrupt forces has led me to believe there are still seeds of corruption rooted in the LPD. I have the name of the officer involved but I'm not ready to be victimized ...again...by the LPD. However, I would like to encourage the mother/family of the individual arrested to pursue this matter and seek legal recourse. I will follow the events of what happened but I will try to remain objective bc I know there are individuals in Lumberton that love to abuse their powers; elected and non-elected. I have stayed under the radar for a reason. Having to make sure I had recording devices, etc. on me at all times was very time consuming. I guess I have to get back in defense mode bc of this post but I have never been and never will be afraid to expose injustice. I purposefully left out the names bc I don't have all sides of the story. But from what I was told, I think it's time to get legal assistance. But before seeking legal counsel, a proper complaint needs to be filed with Chief Fortenberry so she can begin an internal investigation. You must follow all the steps before taking it to the next level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman