Homecoming Festival

There will be a Homecoming Festival held in Lumberton on Saturday, October 15, 2016 beginning at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 3:00 p.m. The event is being held to help raise money to renovate the Lumberton Museum. There will be plenty of fun, food and activities for everyone. The festival will be held on Main Street and the Lumberton Museum will be opened so people can see the work that has been completed and the work that is needed in order to re-open the museum. I also think the Lumberton Football Club will be selling plates in front of His Place Worship Center. As I stated, there's something for everyone; just show me to the booth with the funnel cakes. This morning, I spoke with Daniel Wise, Candidate for the Mississippi House District 106 and he said he was going to come to the Homecoming Festival so he could talk to some of the citizens of Lumberton. When I told him that there's probably 800 voters in Lumberton and he said "every vote and voter matters; I will make every effort to attend every debate and/or festival to let the people I want to represent know that I am a representative that's concerned about everyone." I'm looking forward to getting the opportunity to sit and talk with Daniel Wise at the Homecoming Festival. If you are in the area, please stop by and enjoy the festivities.

Comments

  1. Way to go. Your school is closing but you shut down Main Street to raise money to keep a museum open. Here's a tip. Use the school as your museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more.... WOW....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman