Long, Hot Summer



The meaning of chaos can be defined by the end of the academic school year. There are only a few days of school left, and I have yet to see more police officers. Those of us that live in Lumberton know how OUR kids get during the summer months. There are those that are in denial about the way their children behave, but it is evident that there is a lack of parental structure in the lives of many of these individuals. For the first time in years, we have a dedicated group of certified officers, but we need more officers on the duty roster before the end of the school year. I think our chief is doing an excellent job, and I also think that Franklin, Cassandra, and Elsie are assets to our police department. I mentioned them by name becasue I have interacted with them, and I think they are very professional in the performance of their duties. I did not mention all the officers because I do not know all the officers, but that does not mean they are not doing a good job. I would also like to note that Elsie is completing her training at the academy, and will be returning to patrol the streets of Lumberton. Once she is back on her daily grind, I hope she is given the recognition she deserves, and is promoted to the position of Assistant Chief of Police.(I think she has the most senority of all the officers employed by the Lumberton Police Department.)
As I stated earlier, I think the officers are doing an excellent job, but I know how this city gets during the summer months, and we need more officers that will be able to patrol this city during the night. I know this city is feeling the effects of the economy like all other cities, but the board needs to find a way to increase the number of officers in this city.

Comments

  1. First of all, you are correct. All the officers do a great job. I commend all of them because of all the crap they have to put up with and the salary they’re paid.
    Second, Elsie Fortenberry can not be promoted to Asst. Chief of Police, because she doesn't have seniority as a certified officer. She had seniority as an uncertified officer, but she is coming back in a different job position. Do your research. There are other factors also that prevent her from being promoted to this position. DO YOUR RESEARCH.
    Last, but not least, are you not doing the same thing you once accused Mayor Holder of doing? How are you going to skip other certified officers and promote a newly hired certified officer to position of assistant chief? She might have been employed longer, but she has less, excuse me, NO on the job experience as a certified officer. Is this not what you accused city hall of doing; disregarding qualified, certified people to promote someone’s agenda.
    Come on Jonathan, from your writings, I feel you are a very level headed, intelligent, fair-minded and impartial individual. Don’t let personal feelings cloud your good judgment.
    If she is promoted, I know a good lawyer with plenty of on the job experience in the field of EOE that will be happy to take on four or five new clients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the response, and you are correct. I did not consider all the facts regarding the post I made. I made the judgement based on my heart, and not based on the facts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman