Road Kill



Yesterday, while driving around Lumberton, I noticed several dead animals in the road. Generally, I am not driving around early enough to see the city workers in the morning, but this was a different day. I saw the city workers heading to work, and then at 7:00 a.m. I saw them head out in their trucks. For the next 45 minutes, they drove around the City of Lumberton, and I thought for certain that they would get the dead animals out of the roads since there were traveling the same route I had traveled, and I knew they saw the same dead animals I had seen. But I guess logic is not a recommended job requirement for a Lumberton city worker. I called city hall to report the dead animals that were scattered across our city streets, and I was told that the workers will not pick up any dead animals unless a resident reports the matter, then they will have someone come out and get the dead vermit out of the road. This was just hard for me to phatom. They drive around the city, they see the same things we see, but they will not take the time out to be proactive without it being reported to City Hall. What a wonderful system we have in place! (Of course I am being sarcastic) Well, just another day in Lumberton. Remember that law enforcement teams are conducting their Click It or Ticket campaign until June 7, 2010. Make sure you are wearing your seat belts!!! This is the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend. Dodge as much roadkill as possible, and enjoy your weekend!!

Comments

  1. rotflmbo! all the way in El Paso (dodge as much road kill as possible)...you got us in stitches out here once again! Lumberton is a total embarrassment...I hate to say it, but it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word is fathom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman