Man Round Here: Lumberton's Got Talent

I know I do a lot of talking about the youth that love to hang out around Myrick Avenue, but it seems that some of them are decided to use their talents for more productive endeavors. Someone asked me if I saw the Man Round Here video featuring Bae-Bay, 5'5' Superfly and Coot. My first reaction was "Who?' and then they said, I'll send you a link. I clicked on the link and I immediately recognized the area. I watched as the video played and I must say, I was truly impressed. I didn't know the nick names, but I recognized the faces. Some people may not like the verbiage used in the video, but it's a clear, concise, well put together video. Regardless of what some may say, it takes some talent to know how to spit rhymes. They may not know they're using a combination of cretic, anapest and dactly meters, but they're making it do what it do. The cinematography was rather good and I say job well done.(Artists are paying big money for those types of videos.) Now for the critical part of my analysis; and this is primarily directed towards the video extras. I know you all want that "street cred" but for anyone that's still in high school, I don't think I would be puff, puff, passing anything that's going on YouTube. Other than that, I suggest you guys check them out, and share the video with others. If this is something they want to do in life, I suggest they pursue their dreams. I don't know who filmed/edited the video, but that person is talented as well and should definitely look into video production. Hats off to these young men that are doing something productive. #YOLO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman