Dirt Cheap Closes Lumberton Store

Last night, I heard the rumor that Dirt Cheap had closed. I was thinking, I was just there Saturday evening that couldn't be true. Then I woke up this morning and more people were saying Dirt Cheap had closed, so I took a drive to out to see for myself. Well, it's no longer a rumor. It's true. Dirt Cheap has closed the Lumberton location. The signage on the door stated " Lumberton Dirt Cheap Now Closed. . .Thank you for shopping Dirt Cheap." Apparently, none of the employees knew the store was closing but it's obvious the management knew because they had official signs printed with the Dirt Cheap logo. I didn't shop at Dirt Cheap but I would go in every now and then to see if they had any odd finds; especially around the holidays. I don't know what they're planning to do and I surely don't think it's cost effective for the citizens of Lumberton to travel to the Hattiesburg Dirt Cheap location; especially with the rising gas prices. All over Lumberton, there is a collective sigh for the loss of one of the main shopping spots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman