Punked: The Lumberton Edition

There's a fascination with televison shows like Punked and What Would You Do? These shows put people in real-life situations to see how they would react. Often times, when a person gives a cheating spouse another chance, we sit back and say I would never take him/her back. But in reality, we don't know how we're going to react until we're in that situation. The other day, I was speaking with a woman, whose name would imply that she's descended from royalty. I told her that this blog was a study in creative writng; a social experiment of sorts. After I thought about it, I realized that this blog could have been viewed as a social experiement. Now, I'm sure this woman has been privy to some very detailed conversations about me, but she has never treated me any differenlty; she has never had a bad thing to say and everytime I see her, she greets me with a hug and a smile. If you ever wanted to witness the embodiment of true Christianity, you need to meet this woman. She said people talk to her about me, the blog and whenver they want to tell her something, they say, "Do you know what your friend Jonathan said?" Well, the last time she was approached had something to do about our newly elected alderman and I told her I said some good things about him and how it was refreshing to have an electionw where both of the candidates are well-liked and respected. Her response, was, "you know people always think you have a motive behind everything you say and they're looking for the hidden agenda." After talking to her, I was thinking it was time to shut it down, but I realized that I'm not responsible for how people preceive what I say. My response is my responsibility. Later that night, I discovered a whole discussion group was established by some people in Hattiesburg that loved reading the blog and they invited me to be their guest speaker at an event they're hosting. I don't apologize for the message I'm spreading, but I apologize for the way the message was presented. My point is this, how in the Hattiesburg, can you get upset with me about something I wrote, if it's not true. I think Lumberton has more churches, per capita, than any other city this size. Yet, we have a whole bunch of hypocritical people that go to church and wishing harm on someone because they didn't like the way the truth was presented. Hell, you have fellowships that are willing to put people out because they don't want to hear the truth, but they say God has made room for them. Really, he made room for you and now you consider you have enough to put people out and to do it based on a lie. What is that saying, pride goeth before the fall. If you don't want to hear/read my version of the truth, then don't read this blog. I'm thankful for this blog because it has been an eyeopener. People that say they're your friends don't always stick around. I'm the type of person that, if asked, do these pants make my butt look big, will respond, no it's not the pants it's what's in the pants. So, if you've been hurt, pissed off or angry because of something I posted in this blog. . I would like to take this opportunity to say, with all sincerity, get over yourself.

Comments

  1. Here's my take on the things that took place at Rehoboth, the church next to the car wash. This post is about them right? if not oh well. i see it like this they can either be seen as crazy like Noah or crazy like Jim Jones and the people that traveled to Gahana. when there is basically one family making all the rules then one begin to wonder what is going on. did the family go there because of the word even if it's entertaining or is most of them there out of some sense of loyalty to Bert? i will never know the answer to that question but not to speak bad of anyone but bert was an alpha female and sylvia is an alpha female. i'm just wondering why would someone have a problem with sylvia and not have a problem with bert. ooooooooo i get it. sylvia did not have most of her family there so either she was an outsider for being out-spoken and well versed in the bible or there are other wannabe alpha females that want to be the go to person but felt threatned by sylvia's presence. and by the way you probably have pissed off a lot of folks. even with the post about dr. burns and his prideful antics, you probably pissed off a lot of folks. they probably feel you've dragged them through the mud but remember this, it's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman