Lack of Knowledge

My uncle, "Jr. Brown" would always respond to a seemingly stupid question or reaction with the phrase "lack of knowledge." Over the years, I would read Hosea 4:6 and I would stop with the phrase, "my people are destroyed from a lack of knowledge" but we must continue to get the full meaning of the verse, "because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee." Which brings me to the point I want to make today. I just left City Hall and I noticed that David Kent Crider has placed a motion on the agenda to abolish the Lumberton Planning and Zoning Committee and reorgaize the committee. I have a lot of wayside people telling me that I am focusing on the negative events that are happening in Lumberton. Now that we have a committee that is willing to do what is necessary for the advancement of our city, we have an alderman that wants to abolish the group. So, is this move personal or political? But I'm willing to bet that there are others that are behind this motion, but Crider was the only one willing to put his name by the agenda item. One thing for sure, those that are in favor of doing away with the Planning and Zoning Committee will have to show their hands. Unlike the comments that appear on this blog, votes can't be made anonymously. So, what do you think the vote will be? Will it be 3-2 or 4-1? We shall see, and for those of you who think my postings are one-sided, come out tonight to see for yourself.

Comments

  1. Who u kiddin? They all are going to vote against you. Forget about the 3-2 and the 4-1, it's going to be 5-0.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style