Where Is The Love?


"I may have done the things they say I did, but I'm not who they say I am. Try to throw my name in the dirt, but I don't give a damn. I'm still standing like the Statue of Liberty. So put my name in [Lumberton's] history books so you'll forever remember me." Luda

Lesha M. Easley has one of the most optimistic views of the City of Lumberton, but my view has been somewhat tainted; especially after receiving my first piece of hate mail. I have received some threatening comments and post. But this is the first time that someone actually took out the the time to write me an actual letter of hate. Lesha said that Lumberton people stick up for Lumberton people. Well, the letter I received did not have a return address (of course) but it had a Lumberton, Mississippi post mark. Now, how did a few observations lead to me getting a letter telling me that "I needed to get off the cross, that Jesus will silence me (only in Lumberton will someone threaten you and then start praising Jesus) that I'm hiding behind my education because I'm really just a racist (when did having an opinion become synonymous with racism? Besides, I consider myself an equal opportunity offender.) So, please forgive me Lesha if I don't hold the same rose-colored view of the City of Lumberton. In the words of Rev. Joseph Lowery, "[I] decalre here today in no uncertain terms that [I'm] fed up and fired up. . [I] don't intend to sit by and watch our gains get washed away by a floodtide of insidious insensitivity nor invidious individualism. . .In other words [I] ain't going back."

(Still Standing by Monica playing in the background while typing this post.)

Comments

  1. Lumbertons people do not really look after each other. When you have families losing everything they own. going without food and things like that. We have no one that offers to help.
    It seems like we are more willing to help those half way around the world than just across the street. Think about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we do know that this was not a black person who wrote the note...how many blacks use the term JERK???? LMBO in elpaso!!! Please tell me that this was not the actually letter? SCARY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, that's not the actual letter. I didn't put the actual letter on because I was taking it to the police department to keep on file.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style