Say What?



I have received a lot of input from readers of this blog and that was why I recently added this blog to Facebook. I was apprehensive at first because when I tried to start the Lumberton Informer page, the readers had to become fans of the page. I don't consider the readers of my blog as fans, but now that Facebook has changed the fan-ish nature of their site, people can simply confirm that they "like" the page. I do take into consideration what is being said in the comments and the e-mails. However, the comment I received stating that I am not doing anything positive for the City of Lumberton is unfounded. The two mayors that served prior to Mayor Holder derrogated the City of Lumberton, and now I am being accused of dragging the city's name through the mud. Give me a break.
The work I am doing, and have done for this city has been positive. When Mayor Holder was serving as Alderwoman-at-Large, she appointed me to the Lumberton Planning and Zoning Committee. For three years, I sat through meeting after meeting going through hundreds of codes and ordinaces in order to help the city develop a comprehensive plan. Now, we have aldermen and other elected officials that don't want to enforce the guidelines of the plan because of personal or business affiliations. I know everyone that lives in this city can see that our town has been turned into a dumping ground for dilipidated FEMA trailers, and the City of Lumberton is not getting a dime in revenue from the sale of these trailers because no one has obtained a privilege license, and the company did not seek approval from the board before bringing the business into our city limits.
This blog is not for the purpose of selling an image that does not exist. I attend the board meeting, and I attend them on a regular basis. According to Romans 13:1-3 everyone must submit to governing authorities and this is not happening in the great city of Lumberton. If you want me to report positive aspects of our city, then call on the ones you elected to serve and hold them accountable for their actions or inaction. Better yet, take the time to attend a board meeting and see for yourself. We have members of the board that are very disprepectful to our Mayor, our Chief of Police, and lately they don't want to hear any comments from the voting public. If you want to see what's really taking place in this city, make a commitment to attend the meetings for the next six months. The meeting are held on the first Tuesday of each month. I am suggesting you attend consecutive meetings because you need to attend several meeting to get the full picture of what's going on in Lumberton. You may say I'm negative, you may say that I am talking about our elected officials, or you may have nothing to say, but I pledge to you that I will never cease. I want to see some justice and fairness here in the city I call home. I look forward to the day when I can post some good news about our city, but it's not going to happen if we don't hold our elected officials accoutable for their actions.

Comments

  1. How can they say you are dragging the city's name through the mud? With all the drama/mess that goes on daily, they don't need your help to drag their name through the mud...Lumberton's clown, I meant board meetings stay on WDAM news getting laughed at so really, they do not need any help being dragged through no mud....and further more, Lumberton is only known for one thing...The Day in the Park and Dirtcheap, other than that I'm going to continue to read about how silly people who are supposed to be in authority are acting down there in Gotham City!!!! LMBO

    RP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not dragging Lton through the mud. Just talk to your alderman and ask them a question then ask another one the same question. You will get two different answers. I did and that's just what happened. I can't wait til election comes back up. I know two aldermen got my vote because of what they told me they was gonna do but guess what that was just to get my vote. If Tim Johnson is counting on my vote well Goodbye Tim. I used to attend the meetings but it seems like a joke to them so I quit going. The same goes for Bobby Gibson. I thought something was going to be done for the children of this community but look at it. They won't even try to fix the park in LQ. I was told two different stories of why its not fixed. I guess they can go play in fema trailers. People wonder why the children walk the streets staying in trouble. What else is it for them to do? To the annymous writer, What Day in the Park? The aldermen of this town cut that out. Ride by the park and look at the fence. Everytime people go out there, the aldermen have the police run them away. But it's a public park. Children can't go play in LQ's park because there's not no swings, 1 slide and 1 picnic table that they have to sit on. I guess if Tim's children went there it might would look like something. Enough being said. John keep informing me what's going on. Glad I read this because I see I'm not the only one that see's through the aldermen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro. Charles just stopped by the house. . .said that he felt that I need some encouragement. While there, he told me to notice that there are four types of people in the world: wayside people, stony people, thorny people, and good people. He also told me to beware of those wayside people that are trying to distract me from doing what I know is right. Since I have ears to hear, I told him that flesh and blood didn't reveal that to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John u should be ashame of yourself. You go to board meeting just to have something to talk about nothing you have said on your blog has been positive about L'ton, Lets be real those fema trailer are not bringing Lumberton down Aint shit coming in Lumberton anyway every town has grown but Lumberton and u talking about the fema trailers nobody complain when they needed them after Katrina. If we going to be real about the situation Apartments bring all the house sell down especially people that live by them. You need to read up on your information before you put it on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been attending board meeting for years, and now that I blog about what goes on in this city, you are saying that I should be ashamed of myself. Are you serious? I guess it would be better if I didn't blog about what goes on in this city. When this board was elected, and by the way, if you would go back to the beginning of this blog, you will notice that I gave the reason why each of those now serving would be elected, I stated that I would hold them accountable for their actions. So, I'm sorry that you don't like this format, but I have only spoken the truth. I guess it would be better if I stood in front of Jiffy Express, drinking luke warm, water-downed coffee and pontificating about what's going on in this city. Well, that's not my style and if something negative or positive happens at the board meeting. . . trust. . I will blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The city of Lumberton has not grown because the Power That Be want let anything come into the town for fear it will take their power of away of buying up everything and using this town as their personal bank account. If you want to buy a house in Lumberton you more than likely will be buying it from them even if the name on the property is not theirs. Those fema trailers are UGLY as HEll coming into Lumberton on Hwy 11 and on Hwy 13. They are nasty and they are snake havens. I bet if they moved a lot of them near your house you would not like it. Ben Winton and Paul whatever his last name is are using this town as if they own it. Ben gets in that pulpit on Sundays and preach to his members what he believes in and a little bit of the bible. People follow him because they fear what they dont know. He has been cheating people out of there money since before time but now he has the use of the Lords name to help him cheat the town of Lumberton because noone will expect the preacher to cheat them well open your eyes he is and I feel bad for those that follow him or look up to him because when it all hits the fan they are the ones to really be affected by the fallout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman