Now That I Have Your Attention. . .



I tried to employ my best Anderson Cooper techniques when I started this blog, but it took a few Jerry Springer moments to get the people of Lumberton talking. My purpose has been and will always be to get the people that live in this city to see what is going on. Just visualize that you are at the four way stop on Main Street, and look in any direction and tell me what do you see? Now travel North (Purvis, Hattiesburg) you will see growth, if you travel South (Poplarville, Picayune) you will see growth, East (Wiggins) growth, West (Columbia) growth. So the question I want the people of Lumberton to ask themselves is Why is Lumberton not growing? So, where do I look for answers to this question? I look to those who were elected to serve and I look to those who were appointed to serve. I do not think that business affiliations, family relationships, or personal agendas should trump my position as a citizen, voter and an active participant in the government of the City of Lumberton.
We (I should say I since I don't presume to speak for others) don’t want to be patronized by our elected officials. I don’t want to be told that I not not “descent and in order” when I voice my opinion about the injustice that is taking place right before my eyes. I no longer want you give me lip service that is not supported by your vote.
The City of Lumberton is standing at the proverbial fork in the road. When we went to the polls last year, we were voting for change. Those we elected are now discarding the cloaks of campaign promises, and revealing their true identities. The blatant disregard for citizen input serves as a reminder that as far as we’ve come, we still have a long, bumpy road ahead. Which path will our city take? Which Lumberton will prevail?

Comments

  1. Post the real TruthJuly 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM

    Where is the comment attached to Smoke and mirrors that was submitted this weekend? You aren't giving the truth! You are just giving your side and only posting the post that either compliment your point of view or pose a point of view that could show what is being done wrong for Lumberton. You are not posting is the truth about this blog and what you are doing as described in the comment in response to Stephanie. And people post anonymous because some of us work hard for what we have and do not want our property damaged or egged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments that are disparaging are not posted unless they include a name or e-mail address. For the record, no one wants their property damaged or egged. I thought that this blog was being read by adults and I would have never guessed that I would have my car egged b/c a person can't respond intelligently to what I have to say, but then again, this is Lumberton. But I need you to clarify your question. What do you mean what are you doing as described in the comment in response to Stephanie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say you do not print disparaging comments unless they give a name or email address. That is because you want to know who it is. As long as they support what you are saying, you post comments from annoymous. But yet you posted a comment on your August 8th blog that had some of the most fulgur language I have ever heard. Post all comments whether they agree with you are not. The only ones that don't need to be posted are the ones using such vulgar language.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman