Review of July 6, 2010 Board Meeting

There was a capacity crowd in attendance at last night's board meeting. At least the word is getting out, and more people are coming to the board meetings. Stephanie Mullings was recognized as a Certified Municipal City Clerk and Tax Collector. Melissa Pack was recognized for her attendance at the Mississippi Municipal Court Clerk's Association Summer Convention. (Her attendance was made possible by an anonymous donor.) Mayor Holder, Alderman Rogers, and Alderman Gibson thought it was a good idea to have a City of Lumberton garbage can placed on the corner of Myrick and North 10th Street, so there will be no more excuses for the excessive amount of litter that is generally found in that area. Now for the other side of the coin. Kent Crider's motion to have the planning and zoning committee abolished failed. Bobby Gibson and Kent Crider voted to do away with the planning and zoning committee. (I wonder why?) Crider spouted off some discrepency in the ordinance, and felt that was just cause to terminate the entire board. Well, I spent four years dealing with matters regarding the planning and zoning committee, and therefore, I have a little more insight into the regulations governing the planning and zoning committee. So last night I had to show Crider that his mortuary license is not a match for my master's degree. Surprisingly, Timothy Johnson did not vote to abolish the planning and zoning committee. If I were a betting man, I guess I would have lost that bet. But fear not, the trio voted together on almost every other agenda item. Gibson, Crider, and Johnson voted against accepting the minutes from the previous board meetings, they rejected the revenue and expenditure report for June 2010, and they rejected the building permit report for June 2010 as well. I don't know the motive behind this move, but I am certain that there is a motive. Thankfully, according to municipal law 21-15-33, the failure to accept the minutes does not void the action taken. Finally, Gibson, Crider, and Johnson voted to reinstate city attorney, Lindsey Carter. Carter came back fighting for his job as city attorney. He stated that he was a good attorney, and gave a detailed report of the cases he had won. Carter made it clear that he wanted to keep his job as city attorney. Now it's time for him to act like he want to keep his job. No longer can he drag his foot on issues here in Lumberton. Before he get out of bed this morning, he should have an injuction filed against those bringing the trailers into Lumberton, and have a police place a lock on the gates. Court for this case will be Monday, July 12, 2010, we shall see if he is vested in the City of Lumberton. I don't know what happened regarding the police academy and Officer Sharese Holder and I don't know what happened when Melissa Pack went into executive session, but as soon as I know, you will know.

Comments

  1. I find it interesting that Bobby Gibson wanted the Chief to throw Mr. Snow out of the meeting last night. I guess he don't have a problem with the police doing their job, as long as it doesn't involve his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan, you keep saying that you are going to report it all, so why didn't you post the information about Sharese Moody? I think you are too close to the chief and you don't want to say anything that may hurt him. Elise Fortenberry was allowed to go four years without getting certified, and no letter was presented about her, but now that it's time for Sharese to go to the academy, there is a problem. Why was the chief's sister allowed to go so long without certification, but Sharese is now being put through the ringer? You said that you are reporting it all. . then do just that and report it all. Also, wasn't Elise the one that refused to take anyone to jail after that event happened on Father's Day. Maybe Sharese should let the aldermen tell her who to arrest and who to send home and they would be more than happy to let her go to the academy once they know they have her in their pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't allow friendship or personal affiliations to dictate what I post on this blog. If I know the information, I will post the info. As far as Elsie Fortenberry is concerned, I don't know how long it was before she went for certification. Also, she went to the academy when Hammond was chief, but she became ill, and later she couldn't attend the academy because she was pregnant. So, if I don't have the information, I can't report it. But if you have something that shows that the two are being treated differently, please send it to the lumbertoninformer e-mail address, and i will be more than happy to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLD UP WAIT A MINUTE!!!THAT IS ILLEGAL...IF YOU HAVE A HATTIESBURG ADDRESS AND IS LIVING IN A DIFFERENT CITY?

    El Paso!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonathan, I told you last night that I was going to post this, so here it goes. I think Melissa Pack should be moved from part time to full time. She has received more traing in one year as a part time worker than Susan Guidry has received in three years. After three years, Susan has 2 hours of training towards her certification (that's 40 minutes of training per year). It is clear that Susan aka Marge is not serious about getting certified so why won't the board let her go home to be with her grand kids so she won't keep bringing them to the office. It is clear that Melissa Pack knows what she is doing. So bring her on as full time and let her work as deputy clerk and keep performing her duties as court clerk. At least she is working towards getting certified and thanks to the donor that made it possible for Melissa to go to the summer training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know what the hell was the people of Ward 1 thinking by allowing Kent Crider to run unopposed? He has the worst property in Ward 1 and he is supposed to represent the best interest of those living in Ward 1. What is his goal for his ward and his city?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellisha UnderwoodJuly 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

    I first want to go on record saying that you are a coward "anonymous person" b/c you are hiding behind a keyboard typing what you WISH you had the courage to say to my face. I have NEVER EVER called Jonathon and asked him to do a damn thing for me, so get your facts straight before you speak on things you have absolutely no knowledge of. Furthermore, anything that I have to say about Jonathon or anyone else in Lumberton I will not only say it to their face, but I will also be willing to HOLD UP for it!!! I don't have a reputation for throwing rocks and hiding my hand, and I will not allow a group of ignorant, scary, and spineless women or men build their rep on TYPING lies about me on a computer! Now, if you really want to inform Jonathon and anybody else on anything about Nellisha Underwood, make sure you have the courage to expose your identity so that we can handle things accordingly. Leave me out of your uniformed posts on this blog b/c I would hate to clothesline, chokeslam, and use this crucial right hand jab on the culprit who may THINK they want it with Nelly!!!! I ain't no killa but don't push me!! And if that aint the truth then I don't know what is..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WISH EVERY ONE WOULD LOOK AT THE WORK ELSIE HAS DONE FOR THE PAST 4 YRS .FIRST SHE RAN THE POLICE DEPT WHEN HAMMOND STEALIN ASS WAS THEIR SHE DID ALL HIS WORK AND HERS . SHE WENT TO CAMP SHELBY AND HAD A TORN HAMSTRING , THAT GIVES HER A MEDICAL WAVIER , THEN SHE WAS WITH CHILD SO THAT PUT IT OFF . WHEN SHE DID GO SHE PASSED WITH FLYING RATES .SO WHEN SOME ONE WORKS FULL TIME FOR 4 YRS DEALS WITH THE FBI , FEMA FRAUD , POLITICS , A CRAZY MAYOR , AND A NEW MAYOR , AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER STUFF DON'T YOU THINK THEY DESERVE TO GO WHEN THEY ARE ABLE . I DON'T THINK LUMBERTON SHOULD PAY FOR PART -TIME PPL TO GET CERTIFIED , .DANIEL DID IT ON HIS OWN . HE IS FULL TIME CERTIFIED BUT THEY WON'T LET HIM WORK MORE THAN 20 HRS ?? WHY BECAUSE HE MIGHT KNOW WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON IN L TOWN ? THE WRONG PPL MIGHT GOTO JAIL ?? HUMMM?SO I SUGGEST DON'T TALK SMACK IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS AND HAVE WALKED IN THAT PERSON'S SHOE'S . AS FAR TAKING PPL TO JAIL IT'S CALLED OFFICER DISCRESTION. WHICH MEANS THEY CAN DO AS THEY CHOSE , GIVE APOST ARREST OR RELASE OR TAKE TO JAIL . YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE DID . SO FALL BACK

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote that every person in official power be removed and replaced by people that have been proved to be certified and/or have a degree in their respective areas. I want to see people in official power that actually care about this town and the people living in it. I'm tired of calling the police for help and waiting several hours for them to show up or not even show up at all. I'm tired of the people in charge running this town into the ground. I'm tired of seeing businesses fall left and right. I'm about tired of Lumberton in general. However, I refuse to give up and leave simply because I know if I do, they win.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman