Still I Rise


I've been very disturbed by this trend ever since I first started seeing "no snitchin'" t-shirts being sold . That's a dangerous, self-destructive philosophy for any community to adopt. If you see a crime being committed, you should report it. I don't care what anybody has to say about it, there's no dignity in allowing crime and destruction in your community. I have been called everything but a child of God since I started this blog. Wait a minute, I was called a child of God, but then I was told that I was being a hypocrite. But anyway, there is this theory out there that I created this blog to bring down the City of Lumberton. Where was all this angst when Lumberton was being blasted on the news every night? There is also a theory that I set up this blog, where I have basically talked about everyone and everything under the sun, and now I am making anonymous comments. How dreadful!(in my Dwight from Housewives of Atlanta voice) Apparently, there are some people in the City of Lumberton that are not comfortable with someone me. They are engaging in searing accusations that confirms Carter G. Woodson's timeless theory:
"If you can control a man's thinking, you don't have to worry about his actions. ... If you can make a man believe that he is inferior, you don't have to compel him to seek an inferior status, he will do so without being told; and if you can make a man believe that he is justly an outcast, you don't have to order him to the back door: he will go to the back door on his own; and if there is no back door, the very nature of the man will demand that you build one."
I don't cower easily, and in the words of Tavis Smiley, "It's time for a course correction; not now, but right now--because leadership without followership is a sinking ship."

Beyonce's "Ego" playing in the background while typing this post.

Comments

  1. Try finding something positive to write about
    ! Stop looking for peoples down falls and write about the good they have done and maybe everone will pull together instead of working against each other! You may have to dig deep to find something but try. We can do better and be better if we all try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this observation through my comment section since I was told that all comments posted on this blog are made by me, myself, and I (LOL--please don't write me b/c that was a joke.) So forget about what you heard or what you thought you heard, take the time to read for yourself. The only people I mention on this blog by name are elected officials and those serving in public positions. When I mention people that are not serving in that capacity, I don’t mention their names. Also, I don't use profanity in my post or comments. I can be very graphic, but I still don't resort to the use of profanity. The truth of the matter is that you will get from this blog what you came looking for. I have received several comments telling me that I need to look for more positive things to write about, and when I write about positive events, they seemingly go unnoticed. I have asked forgiveness for the things I (again, empahasis on I) have done that caused people to be hurt, but I don’t take responsibility for the actions of others. I will press forward, and the fact that you don’t want to speak or acknowledge me does not deter me from what I have started. I know that there is a place where I am appreciated and not just tolerated. I’m just glad to know that I’m not what you call me; I’m what I respond to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman