Mrs. Officer


The toughest job in Lumberton is probably that of a police officer, and I imagine that it's even tougher for those that grew up in this city. Since I am often accused of speaking negatively about the City of Lumberton, I decided to do a feel-good post about Officer Sharese Holder. I know there are other women that are serving on the police department, but I imagine serving in Lumberton is more of a balancing act for Officer Holder. She must deal with people she know on a personal level, and she must deal with it in a manner that is pleasing to all. The people that call the police are expecting one thing, but the parents are expecting another. Police officers are often accused of being disrespectful to the children of our community and others are saying that the police are not harsh enough. Then you add the fact that you grew up in this town, and everything is changed. Officer Holder has to deal with people she attened school with, relatives, and city officials that love to overstep their boundaries, etc. But I must admit, I think she is doing an excellent job. Those of you that don't know Officer Holder would see her and think to yourself, she's too cute or too phyne to be a police officer. But those same thoughts may enter your mind when you see any female officer. However, any fantasies you may have had about female officers and handcuffs are quickly dispersed when you see these women in action. I have seen Officer Holder take control in some very tense moment, and she definately has the skill needed to be a police officer. I think Officer Holder will be headed off to the academy soon, and I am glad that she has chosen to serve here in Lumberton. (Sorry about the photo; it's the only one I could find of a female police officer.)

Comments

  1. I agree with you again. Sharese is an excellent police officer. I also have talked to a couple more on the force and they are OK to me too. I know that they all have a job to do and for Sharese to have family and friends here she is great. Keep smiling Sharese.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FY Budget 2015: Pills and Potions

Stealing Elections: Lumberton Style

Kim Rogers: A Phenomenal Woman